Tracking code installation
Tracking page visits
Intents and Entities
Building Dialogflow agent and connecting to Activechat
Sending user input to NLP engine
Triggering bot skills by intents and events
Working with entities
NLP best practices
Sending order updates
Twilio SMS integration is a great tool to build SMS autoresponders and other bots that do not require social messengers like Facebook or Telegram. It’s a bit different in implementation, though, due to the fact that you can initiate communication with your users from your side (on Facebook and Telegram bot can start talking only after user initiates communication).
First of all, let’s connect your Twilio account to Activechat platform. If you already have a project that you’d like to automate, you can skip steps 1-3 below and do connecting bot to Twilio.
1. Go to your Twilio console, select “Create new project” from the top left menu and select “Products” tab. Select “Phone numbers” and “Programmable SMS” and click “Continue”.
2. Give your project a name and invite teammates, if necessary.
3. Don’t forget to purchase phone numbers in the “Numbers” tab on the left (you need at least one number that your bot will use for sending and receiving messages).
4. On the top right side of your Twilio dashboard there will be “Account SID” and “Auth token” fields (click “View” to display Auth token if it’s hidden).
5. Copy these values and paste into “Twilio SMS” tab in your bot Settings and click “Connect”.
Now you can import phone numbers of your audience to your bot through CSV file (don’t forget that you need a permission from that users to send messages to them!). Please note the format of this file:
+19266994543,John,Golt,CEO | founder
This will add “John Golt” to your audience with tags “CEO” and “founder”.
When you import phone numbers into Activechat, a special system event “import” is triggered for each of these users. That means that if you have any skill that is triggered by that event, it will immediately start. Good for welcome message and onboarding!
Everything else works exactly the same as in social messengers. When your bot receives new message from a user, “default” event is triggered and you can build skills to react to this event. Please note that “IMAGE” and “GALLERY” blocks are not relevant for SMS channel since it’s text-only. If you have these blocks in your bot flow, they will be.